January 07, 2013

YOU ARE. YOU EAT.

I have always loved the documentation of everyday life.  All the little moments that are pieced together to make us who we are.  I have been wanting to create some sort of series of these moments for some time now and figured what better way to do it than right now at the start of a new year.  So join me as I attempt to document the adventures, trials and tribulations of feeding my little family.  You know the saying, "you are what you eat"... well I really don't want to be an artificial, processed, genetically modified mutant.  Therefore, I have become somewhat obsessed with what we put into our bodies and try to make healthy and delicious food.  That and I want my children to grow up with memories of me at the stove with my feet criss crossed over one another, just as I do of my mother.  I want them to argue with their husbands/wives over who's mom makes a better meatball. Overall I want to create a home based on the healthy choices and togetherness of a good meal.  However, because I am still getting myself acquainted with my chefs hat, it takes a good amount of planning to make this happen.  I hope to update my menu plans and shopping lists here on a weekly basis along with the in's and out's of our journey.  

Did I mention that we have a little bit of a love affair with pizza bites?  Yeah... This isn't going to be easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment