January 11, 2013

BAKED TILAPIA STICKS.



BAKED TILAPIA STICKS

Ingredients:
3 tilapia filets (cut into one inch strips)
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
2 teaspoons parmesan
1/2 cup buttermilk (can substitute with 2 eggs)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.

While your oven is preheating, wash your tilapia filets and cut into one inch strips.  Combine panko bread crumbs, thyme, parmesan, italian seasoning, salt and pepper (you can also use pre seasoned italian breadcrumbs).  Pour buttermilk into a bowl.  Coat tilapia sticks in buttermilk followed by the breadcrumb mixture.  Line on baking sheet.

Bake for about 12 minutes turning once.  Tilapia sticks should be nicely browned.  Serve with lemon wedges.

*Note// When I first made this recipe I based it off of a recipe from Tyler Florence.  I never have buttermilk and hate having to buy it because you usually use a little bit and end up throwing the rest out.  I figured I would change it up a bit and use milk because it is what I had on hand.  I wouldn't really recommend this, the breadcrumbs didn't stick as much as I would have liked.  Next time I will try it with buttermilk otherwise I will just use egg like I normally do when I make them on the stove top.

SAUTÉED SPINACH
I always like to serve fish with sautéed spinach.  Just cook the spinach on the stovetop in a large pan and add a touch of water and cover to steam it.  Once it wilts finish with a little garlic salt and butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment