January 02, 2013

JUICED.

One of the things I am hoping to do this year is focus a little more on myself and my nutrition.  Having a baby the focus has shifted to him, sometimes I turn around it's 5 o'clock and the only thing I have had all day is coffee.  I know, it's so bad!  When I was pregnant I became obsessed with what I was putting into my body and in turn feeding my baby and I got on a huge juicing kick.  It helped me jumpstart my morning and get lots of energy (which was necessary since I didn't drink coffee) plus I felt like it was such an easy way to get in so many fruits and vegetables.  This is my go to recipe:

1 Bunch of Kale
5 Carrots
2 Gala Apples
Peeled Ginger Root (Helps ease morning sickness)

I always use organic produce and will add whatever else I have on hand, like strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, celery.  It will look pretty gross and will be a funny brown color, but it tastes delicious! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment