January 22, 2013

CURRENTLY.


So I took a little time away from here the past few days... I had planned on scheduling posts for when we were away, but one of my resolutions was also to disconnect a bit... so it didn't happen and Im cutting myself a little slack!!!  Also, we missed a menu plan for this week because I didn't do any cooking while I was away... but you can look for one on Friday.  (I figured this was the best day to post because most people do their shopping and planning over the weekend.)

We just got back from a little trip to Florida and I'm not too happy about it right now.  Currently I am freezing sitting here in my winter parka, scarf, and boots... Why? Because I am just way too cold to take one single layer off, I need them all right now.

Do you get a little blue when you come back from a vacation?  I definitely do!  Yesterday was our first day back and it really took everything I had to muster up the strength to get out of bed and brush my teeth, let alone go food shopping and unpack.  (Im still working on the unpacking)  It's just so cold and brown here...  I miss letting my kid run around without any clothes on and going to the park and sunshine and trees (Why do we live here again?)

This morning we dropped Kurt off at Kris' moms and headed into Seaside to get some work done... which has not done much for my back from vacation funk.  It was my first time seeing the store since Kris and his crew gutted it from the storm damage.  It's all a little overwhelming right now... I have a really long list of to do's and decisions that I have been putting off and it is time to get to it.  I need a major dose of motivation and maybe a fairy godmother that can just tell me what to do.

2 comments:

  1. Miss Patty! I'm loving your blog, photos, recipes and your little man! I've been following you and while my sleeping was all messed up from my jet lag, I read pretty far back to when you first started this. I had no idea you had been blogging back in the day. I read through the times you started and then went mia and I think it's amazing that you have kept it up sooo much this year. You obviously have so much going on with the store and parenthood, yet you have been very dedicated this year to your blog. Especially when your plan was to disconnect.

    I just wanted to tell you that I'm here in Germany and really trying to get my online portfolio/design blog up and running and you are very inspiring. I keep your blog open in a separate window to keep focused and for inspiration. Your store is also an inspiration, as my main focus while i'm here is to start a mini store online of my own home good designs. So maybe this will give you a little dose of motivation to know that I'm across the pond being inspired by you everyday! :)

    Chels xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you and totally needed that!!! And now feeling a little guilty for the lack of posting I have had around here this week.

      So exciting that you took the leap and moved to germany... you need to start a blog asap so we can follow along with the exciting things you are doing there... I can't wait to see your amazing designs!

      Let's catch up... I'll be sending an email your way!!! xoxo

      Delete