January 29, 2013

YOU ARE. YOU EAT. // Week 3

So clearly I am not having the easiest time with the meal planning... well actually the meal planning is going well... the remembering to photograph and write the recipes while I'm cooking is the hard part.  So I decided I will just post what my meal plan for the week and post recipes as I get a chance.  I usually rotate a lot of the same things so the majority of my recipes should be up here in no time.  Also, I will just link to a recipe if it is one that I get from somewhere else.  Anyway here is our plan from this week:

This weeks menu//



*So in all honesty I didn't try the salmon... Im a little bit funny about fish and unless I feel like it is really fresh good fish I want nothing to do with it.  However I am trying to add more salmon into my diet because it is so good for you so I found this recipe and thought it sounded good and gave it a try... I mean I love butter so whats not to love here, right?  Well i pretty much got turned off by the whole meal from the start.  I used frozen wild salmon filets and the whole defrosting fishiness really grossed me out.  Now that I made that sound really appetizing... go on try it! (Let me know if anyone does give it a shot and if I should try it again)

Shopping List//
Produce:
1 Bag Organic Baby Carrots (save some for soup and stir-fry)
1 Bunch of Organic Celery
3 Onions
1 Head of Garlic
1 Piece of Ginger
1 bunch- fresh thyme
1 bunch- fresh dill


1 bunch- fresh rosemary
1 head of broccoli
1 pineapple
1 apple
1 bunch of kale
2 lemons
4 scallions
1 eggplant
1 zucchini 
1 spaghetti squash






Dairy:
butter
pecorino romano cheese
ricotta cheese
shredded mozzerella
block of part skim mozzarella

Meats/Fish:
1 whole chicken or 1 rotisserie chicken 
salmon filets
4 chicken breasts

Pantry:
1-2 cartons organic chicken stock
1 box of soup pasta
1 box lasagna
1 large jar tomato sauce (Rao's is our sauce of choice)
canola oil
whole wheat bread crumbs
brown rice
rice vinegar
soy sauce
honey
brown sugar
olive oil
red pepper flakes 
sesame seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment