December 31, 2012

RING IT IN.

Okay, so I've been here before... it seems right around this time every year I show up and say I really want to write more... so this year I'm not even going to go there... besides I have many more goals on the horizon... see:

1. disconnect- I really want to disconnect from technology a bit, not completely but maybe have more of a schedule for myself to spend time on the phone and computer.  I want to be more present in all of the little moments of everyday life and do not want my child to grow up feeling like he is competing with my iPhone.

2. reevaluate- I need to reevaluate my future plans for my business.  There are a lot of decisions to be made about the shop and now since the hurricane there are so many unknowns that it has been very hard to plan for where I want it to go.

3. cooking-  I really enjoy cooking and learning how to make new things.  Providing healthy and easy meals for my family is something really important to me.  I am usually good with this throughout the winter when I am home but once summer comes and I am working it is so much harder.

4. house- I am looking forward to completing lots of unfinished little projects around our house and putting on all the finishing touches.  First and foremost we are planning on changing our guest bedroom into a playroom (I can't take the toys everywhere too much longer). 

5. balance- This is something I always seem to struggle a bit with finding a way to balance all the different aspects of my life.  I am always a little hard on myself and set really high expectations.  This year I am hoping to take it a little easy on myself.

In an effort to actually accomplish the goals I set for myself every year, I am thinking of sitting down at the beginning of each month and setting myself some attainable goals... hopefully I will see a bit more progress that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment