February 11, 2013

OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS.


Ok, so we eat this a lot around here... it is really simple you just prepare everything in the morning, let it marinate all day, and then pop it in the oven for about an hour.  Everything in one dish and the chicken come super tender and all the veggies have that roasted, slightly caramelized goodness.  I got this recipe from my friend Dana, who when we came to visit her new baby bay and toddler fed us this deliciousness.  Oh yeah, we went to visit a new baby and she fed us... she's pretty much supermom.  (And we are the worst visitors ever!) Needless to say I was pretty floored how she accomplsihed brushing her teeth that day, let alone this.  Anyway she let me  in on her little secret and gave me this recipe.  Thanks Dana, I hope you don't mind me sharing!

Ingredients:
bone-in chicken thighs (boneless works too)
1 lemon
olive oil
salt
pepper
3-4 garlic cloves (minced)
garlic powder
rosemary (optional)

roasting vegetables:*
carrots
brussel sprouts
sweet peppers
broccoli
frozen peas

*  You can use a variety of vegetables, so try out some different ones.  I pretty much just use whatever I have in the fridge, the list above is what I used this time around.

Directions:
First clean your chicken and place in a large roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.  Wash your vegetables and chop up whatever needs to be cut.  Place them in a bowl and toss with olive oil so they are all coated.  Scatter your vegetables around the chicken in your roasting pan,  Squeeze the juice of one generous sized lemon over the chicken and vegetables; season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced garlic and top with fresh rosemary.

Cover with foil and let it sit in your refrigerator for at least an hour or two.

Heat over to 375 degrees and roast until chicken is cooked through, about an hour.  I finish it for a few minutes under the broiler to get it nice and crispy brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment