August 19, 2013

SUMMER IS A LOVELY THING.


If you would have asked me this time last year I would have declared my dislike for summer.  I know, I know... who dislikes summer?  Well, when you spend your summers working nonstop and pick up your 8 month old from your parents house while fast asleep at 2 am and get a nice wake up call from said 8 month old at 6:30 all while maintaining a nice shade of pasty white, its safe to say it's not your favorite season.  I have always been a fall girl...  fall smells, fall activities, the crisp air, spending time with family, a return to normalcy, back to school, the feeling that you have a lifetime between you and next summer... so many things to love.

Now fast forward to this year... I. Love. Summer.  Of course I still have my moments where I miss the shop and it definitely took me a few weeks into it to start feeling this way (I really didn't know what to do with myself memorial day weekend) but I am starting to realize that this summer thing is pretty sweet.  I have still been quite the little busy bee tying up lots of loose ends in my life.

Ive been cleaning out the storage unit that had everything from the shop and let me tell you it feels so good!  In the past I have been quite the hoarder (I can't tell you the number of times I moved my magazine collection from college) but I have turned over a new leaf and want to get rid of it all.  I hosted sales on instagram to sell all of the displays and merchandise from the shop and even have posted some new stuff as well.  We are also planning a huge (like really huge) garage sale in September  that I am pretty psyched for.

Im sooooo excited to launch the new website!  The new branding is complete and I just got a look at the site design and I LOVE it.  We still have some tweeks to make and are looking at launching sometime in the beginning of September.  So if you guys have any requests or advice, now is the time.  I would love to hear some input on things you would like to see.

On the home front we have really been trying to complete and finish some projects inside and out.  We have been living in our house for 2 1/2 years and it is very much a work in progress, so it's been fun to see some things finally start shaping up.  I am definitely going to be posting some images soon to show what we have been up to.

Hope you all are loving summer just as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment